On Wednesday the Karnataka government announced one
According to the technical advisory board, a curfew has been imposed in the state, the health minister said
He held a meeting with members of the technical advisory board and later with
Individual movements are prohibited for eight days between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
However, there are no restrictions on the transportation of freight carriers and emergency services, including operating taxis and auto rickshaws to pick up and drop off passengers from bus stops, train stations, or the airport, according to an order from the Chief SecretaryTM
While the CM announced the curfew earlier, it said it will go into effect from Wednesday between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
The government later changed the order restricting the curfew to just eight hours, effective Thursday evening.
Schools, transport remains open
Yediyurappa said schools will start on January 1, 2021.
“As of now there is no change. If there are, we will make a decision after reviewing the situation in about two to three days, ”he said.
Covid-19 negative report a must
Industries and factories are allowed to work according to the existing standards if they have to work around the clock. Otherwise, only 50 percent of staff should be housed in office space on night shifts to ensure a safe physical distance.
What is allowed and what is not
- Movement of people is strictly prohibited between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m., with the exception of essential services.
- There are no restrictions on the transportation of any type of truck or freight forwarder, including empty vehicles.
- All industries, companies or organizations that have to operate at night are allowed to work with 50 percent staff. Movement of employees of such organizations is permitted upon presentation of a valid identity card issued by their respective organization
- Industries and factories that require 24-hour operation are allowed to operate without restrictions.
- The transport of night buses, trains and air services is permitted.
- Moving taxis and cars back and forth is permitted to drop and pick up people to and from bus stops, train stations, and airports.