It’s the holidays, and that means vacation-themed events come to online gaming and Overwatch is no different. Blizzard has released the Overwatch Update 3.02 patch from December 15th. This will introduce the Winter Wonderland 2020 event along with new features, bug fixes and much more.
Overwatch Update 3.02 December 15th Patch Notes:
WINTER WONDERLAND 2020
Overwatch Winter Wonderland is back. Unpack new cosmetics, earn weekly rewards and freeze your enemies in the new 4v4 brawl Freezethaw Elimination!
Celebrate the season with Winter Loot Boxes. Unlock festive new seasonal items – including legendary skins like Conductor Reinhardt, Ice Empress Moira, and Penguin Mei – as well as wintry items from earlier years. Plus, play the Snowball Deathmatch, Yeti Hunter, and Snowball Offensive holiday brawls!
Learn more about Winter Wonderland at PlayOverwatch.com.
New feature: Priority Pass
To address the imbalance in the population between tank, support and damage roles, as well as the longer waiting times that damage players are often exposed to due to this imbalance, we are introducing the new “Priority Pass” feature. Players can earn Priority Passes by choosing Flex while waiting in line. More passes are earned for wins than for losses. Use a Priority Pass to reduce queue time for a role that is currently experiencing more traffic.
Priority Passes may not be used when playing in a group of 5 or more players. Since we are trying to pair large parties with other large parties, and those large parties already have a role balance, we do not believe that using a Priority Pass would actually reduce waiting times. So we don’t want players to waste their passes if it doesn’t have a noticeable impact on the goal of the feature.
Feature update: Custom viewer options for Replay Viewer
We’ve added a new options menu to the Replay Viewer that you can access from the media controls. Our goal is to give our players more control over how the Replay Viewer looks and behaves to make it easier to navigate through reps and create great content! These additional settings include the ability to toggle UI elements independently, change the player’s outline strength, turn off target acquisition sounds, and customize the behavior of the spectator camera. We’ve also added 0.75x and 1.75x playback speeds to give you more precise control.
- Team 1 banner
- Team 1 heroes
- Team 2 banner
- Team 2 heroes
- Status reports
- Playback indicators
- Game mode specific HUD
- Kill Feed
- Player names
- Player health bars
- Strength of the player’s outline
- First-person health
- Ultimate first person meter
- First person skills and weapon information
- I crosshair
- First person hero HUD
- Activity feed from the first person
- Objective capture sounds
- Time jump interval length
- FOV change per zoom
- FOV interpolation rate
- Maximum free camera field of view
- The game sound mix has been adjusted to give third person steps more meaning
New workshop functions
- [PC-Only] Inspector log file
Activate workshop inspector log file when setting [PC-ONLY] When this option is activated, all log entries written to the inspector log are written to a local file on the hard disk. When the custom game ends (or when you disconnect) the current log file will be closed. Every time you find yourself in a new custom game that writes a line of log through Log To Inspector, a new log file is opened.
- Fixed a bug that caused the health bar to appear for low damage heroes while at full health
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Default for Friends” option to not persist in the competitor leaderboards between game sessions
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Leave as a group” option to not persist when exiting games between game sessions
- Fixed a bug where the beta seasonal stats for the role queue showed the same ratings for all roles
- Fixed a bug that caused some skills over time to recharge certain hero’s ultimate abilities for the duration of their ultimate activated
- Fixed a bug that caused pain sounds to not trigger properly
- Fixed a bug that caused broken castle doors to disappear from the game client after a player respawned
- Fixed a bug that could allow players to land on an unintended map location
Temple of Anubis
- Fixed a bug that caused the first acquisition point to have a higher acquisition point volume than intended
- Fixed a bug that caused his left forearm to animate incorrectly during his Scout emote
- Fixed a bug that allowed D.Va to use Call Mech immediately after being ejected from her Mech under rare conditions
- Fixed a bug that caused her hero portrait to reflect a cloned unit at the end of rounds of PvE game modes
- Fixed a bug that caused her to get stuck in the previous spawn point
- Fixed a bug in his Medal Victory Pose that caused him to clip into allies during certain Victory lineups
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra’s hair animation from displaying properly during her “chopped” victory pose
- Fixed a bug that caused her to spawn with an abnormal amount of health
- Fixed a bug that caused the length of its grasping ability to be shorter than normal
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to appear underground when Wrecking Ball switches to ball mode while its model is still loading
As soon as we receive a new patch for the game, we will let our readers know about it. Here you can find out more about the Winter Wonderland 2020 event and the skins it contains.