The Karnataka government has withdrawn the precautionary night curfew to curb the infection of the coronavirus. On Wednesday itself, the government had decided to impose curfew from January 11 to 5 in the night till January 1. On Wednesday, Health Minister K Sudhakar had a meeting with state technical advisory committee (TAC) members and senior officials for Kovid-19, following which Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa imposed curfew and its duration from Wednesday night to January 2 at 10 pm It was announced to keep it from six o’clock in the morning.
Chief Minister BS Yeddyurappa said, “Considering public opinion that there was no need for night curfew, the decision was reviewed and it was decided to withdraw the night curfew with cabinet colleagues and senior officials.”
However, the Chief Minister appealed to the people to keep using facemask to stop the spread of coronovirus, wash hands at regular intervals and follow social distancing.
On Monday, Maharashtra had announced a night curfew in some other cities, including Mumbai, from 11 am to 6 am till 5 January. However, Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said a day ago that he is against the night curfew, although experts are advising it.
A total of 19,02,458 cases of Kovid have been reported in Maharashtra so far, which is the highest in the country. It is followed by Karnataka where 9,11,382 cases have been registered so far.
Will RT-PCR be able to catch Kovid’s new strain?